We at ERICON broker understand the needs and troubles military personnel find themselves in when trying to purchase affordable car-, motorbike-, motor home-, caravan- or any other kind of wheeled insurance. When first arriving in Germany (BFG) or Belgium (SHAPE) many clients soon realise that the way insurance works "on the continent" is far different to "back home". This overwhelming experience often leads people to go for the first, convenient offer, which is not always the best solution. Taking it a step further, in a worst-case scenario, on having to file a claim, people unfortunately often come to know that the insurance plan they purchased does not meet their expectations, costing them dearly.
Insurance companies are there to make money, not to give out freebies!"
Many insurances praise their motor coverage to be “the best”, “the most comprehensive” or “the cheapest” and for a non-German speaking person it is virtually impossible to verify their claims, purely because the Terms & Conditions are written in a language foreign to the client. In addition, juridical papers are very rarely meant to be understandable, making comprehensibility very difficult, even to local consumers.
So what to do?
Well indisputably car insurance is not rocket science, thus every respectable intermediary of a product meant for BFG or SHAPE personnel, will be able to explain the ins and outs within no time and should also send you the appropriate “small-print” before taking the proposal to the next step - submission.
Should you ever find yourself in a rush or want to sign-up over the phone, latter having its advantages, why not then ask about the exclusions for the type of insurance cover you wish to purchase. This method is quick, very effective and keeping the general rule in mind: "If a benefit is not excluded it is covered!"
Should you have already signed up but do not feel comfortable – no worries: German insurance proposals can be revoked within 2 weeks of receiving the policy documentation and all relevant paperwork. For more advice please do no hesitate to contact us.
- Animal-Collision of all kind
- English speaking claim department
- Garage cover, for when you are on Ops-Tour or TDY
- Green Card, for the whole of Europe
- Legal coverage, for traffic related issues
- "New for Old" within the first 24 months after initial registration (in the event of total-loss)
- No Claims Discount certificates (NCD), in English therefore accepted by most countries
- Payment instalments, monthly, quarterly or half-yearly
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Private & Business cover, on and off camp
- Protected No Claims Discount (as an option)
- Rental Vehicle or Loss-of-Usage reimbursement
- UK Cover Notes
- Unlimited mileage
- Cancellation Service, assisting the transitition to your new insurer!
- Credit Card or PayPal payments
- Direct Debits, from any EU account
- Multilanguage speaking qualified & certified staff
- No set up or cancellation fees!
The above-mentioned selling points are standard benefits and services, thus no reason for any BFG, NATO or SHAPE personnel to find themselves without. Furthermore, our expertise, professionalism and consistent urge to improve customer service are secondary but also solid arguments why you can place your trust in ERICON broker.